Renew Golden Visa in Spain
Information about Renew Golden Visa in Spain
|Experience:||+9 years of experience with renew golden visas|
|Feedback:||Best personalized guidance.|
|Specialised:||Spanish Golden visa renewals|
- 🏆 How do I renew my Spanish Golden Visa?
- 🏆 Does the Golden Visa Expire?
- 🏆 Is Golden Visa Renewable?
- 🏆 Who can apply for a renew Spanish Golden Visa?
- 🏆 How do I renew my Spanish Golden Visa?
- 🏆 Which Family Members can be included in your Spanish Golden Visa?
- 🏆 How Long is the Spanish Golden Visa valid?
- 🏆 Can I get Spanish citizenship by Investment?
- 🏆 Benefits of the renewal Spanish Golden Visa
- 🏆 Documents required for Renew Spanish Golden Visa Application
- 🏆 Requirements for the renewal Spanish Golden Visa (Real Estate)
- 🏆 Can you make a Joint Investment to get a Spanish Investment Visa?
- 🏆 Do people from other Spanish speaking nations get citizenship quicker?
- 🏆 Can I use a Mortgage to get a Spanish Golden Visa?
- 🏆 Final thoughts on the renewal of the Spanish golden visa
Spain is a lovely country to visit and enjoy a holiday with a loved one or on one of your solo trips. Spain is also a wonderful location for investors because the country gives you access to the European Union market, the world’s largest and most dynamic market. It is a good entry point for people who want to gain citizenship by investment. However, there are multiple visas in Spain, and those who have lived in Spain can detail the paperwork they have had to go through.
To become an investor, you need to renew Golden Visa in Spain. Non-EU residents are offered a residence permit to stay in Spain and invest in Spanish markets after obtaining the Golden Visa.
The article will take you through the application process and the steps necessary to renew Golden Visa in Spain.
How do I renew my Spanish Golden Visa?
The most common question among investors is, can Golden Visa be renewed? Yes, to renew Golden Visa in Spain is possible, but you have to visit Spain to renew your Golden Visa. First you need to know the length of validity of the Golden Visa. The best way of ascertaining the correct information is through legal advice. Our lawyers can help you through the entire process of renewing your golden visa.
Does the Golden Visa Expire?
Like any other travel visa, it does expire and you must be adequately prepared for renewal or face deportation. The investor visa you obtain is valid for two years but lasts for one year if you obtain it at the Spanish consulate.
Is Golden Visa Renewable?
Once the period comes to an end you must renew it by submitting the application to the consulate to renew Golden Visa in Spain.
After you have completed the application and renewed the Golden Visa in Spain, the new card is valid for another five years. It also helps you avoid renew Golden Visa in Spain every two years. That’s what makes Spanish investment a wonderful venture. To get the Golden Visa in Spain you need to pay attention to the details and start the renewal process 60 days before and 90 days after the Golden Visa expires.
Who can apply for a renew Spanish Golden Visa?
To apply for a Spanish Golden Visa, you must undergo some processes. First you have to be eligible and you have to invest in the following:
- Buy Spanish property that’s more than €500,000. It could be a single unit or several units with an overall amount of not less than €500,000.
- You need to make an investment in the Spanish public debt and contribute at least € 2,000,000.
- To qualify you need to be a shareholder at a company or make a deposit at a Spanish bank of at least €1,000,000.
- You need to be a pillar in the Spanish community by investing in businesses that will offer employment, contribute to science and innovation and have a socio-economic impact in the area where the business is located.
- For every investment you make there is a type of visa you will acquire. When you invest in real estate property you will get a Residency Visas for Acquisition of Real Estate (RIV). When you invest in shares and in the Spanish public debt you get a Residency Visas for Capital Investors (RIC).
In addition to the investments and the efforts towards socio-economic improvement you have to fulfil the following requirements.
- You should not have a criminal record.
- You must be 18 years old and above.
- You must have not been denied visas within the European Union.
- You should have health insurance from Spain.
- It is a technical application process and most applicants have to get legal advice to determine their eligibility. Legal experts can also guide you on immigration law, real estate investments, and to renew Golden Visa in Spain.
How do I renew my Spanish Golden Visa?
Once you have made the above investments you can submit your visa application to the Spanish Embassy. When applying you need to commit to an investment but don’t have to complete the investment.
You don’t have to visit Spain to apply for the visa, but you must travel to Spain, check out your planned investments, and open a bank account. You can do this by yourself or by getting legal assistance, once done with the initial application you can give your lawyer a power of attorney and have them complete the application.
A family member must apply for their own visas by proving dependency. Documents that prove dependency are birth and marriage certificates.
Which Family Members can be included in your Spanish Golden Visa?
Your family members have to prove dependency, which means they depend on you for their financial needs. These members include:
- Your spouse.
- Children under 18.
- Elderly parents.
- Your family will get a residence permit and will be allowed free movement within the EU.
How Long is the Spanish Golden Visa valid?
The Spanish Embassy will provide you with a Golden visa valid for one year. Within the year you can exchange it with a residence permit valid for two years. you can renew the permit indefinitely without any stay requirements, but you must be an active investor. To renew your golden visa, you need to travel to Spain every time.
If you want to have a residence in Spain you need to continuously apply for permanent residency after living there for five years. You must get a total of 183 days per year in Spain to qualify.
Can I get Spanish citizenship by Investment?
The Spanish investor visa is a direct way to citizenship, but you must live in Spain for at least 10 years. It is a straightforward process to gain citizenship through investment but to get a passport you need to live for 183 days per year for the 10 years.
There are other ways to obtain Spanish citizenship. You need to immerse yourself in the Spanish culture by getting to learn Spanish and having significant ties with the country. Once you obtain the passport, you will have access to Spanish jobs and visa-free access to hundreds of countries.
Benefits of the renewal Spanish Golden Visa
Once you get your Spanish Golden Visa you become an official member of the European Union. The perks of being within the European Union include travelling within the visa-free EU region for three months within six months. Other benefits include:
- You don’t have to be in Spain to renew your permit. You can give your lawyer power of attorney to submit the application.
- You can legally work and stay in Spain.
- You can bring your family once they complete their visa applications.
- You and your family will access public facilities such as health and education.
Documents required for Renew Spanish Golden Visa Application
Applying for a Spanish Golden Visa is straightforward, but you must have the following documents to ensure your application qualifies.
- You need to have a Spanish Visa application form which you can get from the consulate or online platforms.
- Two passport-size pictures and they have to follow guidelines to qualify for admission.
- Your passport must be valid for the period you wish to spend in Spain. It also needs to have two blank pages which are important for stamping. You will need a photocopy of your personal information on the passport in case it gets lost.
- You need proof of income showing you have enough money to live in Spain and support your family.
- Police records to prove you have no criminal record must be issued three months before your application.
- You need to have proof of health insurance with a Spanish insurance company. It could either be public or private insurance.
- Receipt of payment for the visa fee.
- Documents related to the investments or the real estate purchases made.
- The submitted documents need to be translated to Spanish by a certified translator. You also need legal experts to help you with the application or arrange your documentation for the visa application.
Requirements for the renewal Spanish Golden Visa (Real Estate)
If you have bought property in Spain, you need to provide proof of ownership, and that means you need to get your certificate from the Land Registry three months before your application. The certificate must show the purchase amount of less than €500,000.
If the certificate at the Lands Registry is not yet ready, you can provide proof that the filing process has began and show proof of payment.
If the real estate transaction has not been finalized, you can present the initial contract, a down payment and a letter from your bank confirming the availability of the funds in your accounts.
Can you make a Joint Investment to get a Spanish Investment Visa?
Yes, you can make a joint investment to get a Spanish investment visa but each individual has to meet the minimum requirement of €500,000. It isn’t possible to split the investment into smaller amounts to acquire the residence visa. Doing that would be illegal and disqualify any individual from getting their visa.
Do people from other Spanish speaking nations get citizenship quicker?
It is easier to get citizenship if you are from a Spanish speaking country. Spanish speaking countries have Spanish roots since they were colonies and if you are from any of those regions you can get citizenship in two years instead of ten. Some of these nations include Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Peru and many more.
You will be issued a Golden Visa within two years if you are from these countries. However, you must travel to Spain at least eight times within two years.
Can I use a Mortgage to get a Spanish Golden Visa?
You need at least 500.000€ in cash but if the property is worth more you could apply for the rest in a mortgage… In other words, if a property is worth €2.000.000 you can apply for a mortgage of €1.500.000. If you need help in obtaining a Spanish mortgage for non-residents, please contact us.
Final thoughts on the renewal of the Spanish golden visa
Applying for citizenship in a foreign country can be a daunting task for some people, but if you are determined to be part of a new culture and assimilate you may enjoy the application process. To renew Golden Visa in Spain is the simplest of them all, but first you must get through the door and pour in hundreds of thousands of investments. With all that money at stake, you need to approach legal professionals because so much is at stake. You need people who know how to navigate the bureaucracy and follow the right channels.
Why choose us for your Renew Golden Visa in Spain?
We are a Spanish law firm with more than 10 years of experience. We are specialists in immigration and real estate. We respond in less than 3 hours to all your questions or we schedule a call to resolve all the doubts of the client.
We are experts in obtaining Renew Golden Visa in Spain so many clients speak well of us on the internet. If you need help with Renew Golden Visa in Spain, contact us!