Long stay visa Spain

Long stay visa‘s in Spain, steps and fees

In this publication we want to explain what is the process to obtain a long-stay visa in Spain, which are the most used, the most advantageous and all the paperwork involved in obtaining these visas.

If you need advice with one of our lawyers do not hesitate to contact us, we have several lawyers and all of them speak several languages.

Do you want to live in Spain?

Our law firm has more than 15 years of experience.

Contact Us Now!

How long stay visa Spain?

How long stay visa Spain, is a very popular request for people that are looking for residence visas. A long stay visa Spain is not a necessary requirement if you are just visiting Spain, or if you just want to enter Spain for a short while. However you will need a long stay visa Spain if you are interested in making a move to Spain or work in Spain. While you were considering getting a long stay visa Spain, you will need to apply for a visa or long term visas. You will need to acquire visa applications from your embassy or consulate in order to discover which type of visa you would like to utilize. Your options include student visa, work visa, au pair visa, retiree visa, golden visa, entrepreneur visa, working holiday visa or a non-lucrative residence visa. Each of these visa will help you to reside in Spain for however long your application states you are allowed to.

long stay visa spain

A long stay visa Spain provides permission to come back and forth into Spain and or to remain living in Spain for any. That is longer than three months. This also allows you to participate in multiple activities that are only available to residents of Spain. People that would need a long stay visa would include anyone that is not currently a resident of Europe and is also interested in staying in Spain for a period longer than three months but less than six months. There are different types of long-stay visas that you can apply for what.

Types of long-stay visas in Spain

long stay visa

Here you have the list of long term visas

  1. Spain student visa – this visa is for any student their plans on studying at an educational institution that is located in Spain and they will live in Spain for longer than three months.
  2. Spain work visa – this type of visa is for anyone that is interested in coming to Spain to participate in any type of activity that can be considered work that they get paid for.
  3. Spain AuPair Visa – this is for any young person who has a job with a local family and that includes them getting paid room and board for completing housework or providing childcare to the family while taking up Spanish residence.
  4. Spain retirement visa – this visa is for anyone that is retired and wishes to stay in Spain and they are not needing to work there in order to do it.
  5. Spain golden visa – this golden visa Spain is for any person who is interested in investing money in real estate in Spain.
  6. Spain entrepreneur visa – this visa is for any business person who is interested in creating or investing in a business in Spain.
  7. Spain working holiday visa – this visa is for anyone who wants to work in Spain during the holiday season. The holiday seasons could include summer holiday as well as religious holidays.
  8. Non-lucrative visa Spain – this visa is for anyone who wants to come to Spain while they are currently applying for permanent residency. For this one they must have the financial means to be able to support themselves as well as all of their dependents while in the country.
  9. Wealth visa Spain – this visa is for anyone who wants to come to Spain without working.

How to apply for a long stay visa?

As previously mentioned, before you apply for a visa to have permission to reside in Spain, you will need to decide what type of visa you need to apply for. There are prerequisites that you need to meet for each type of visa, if you do not need these and you still apply then your application will be rejected. For instance if you are going to be working in Spain, then you will need to provide proof of the offer or agreement with the employer that you will be working with, as well as any work permits that are required for your job.

If you are going to be a part of the European union while you are utilizing a visa in Spain then you will need to provide proof of that as well. If you are going to go to school while you are living in Spain then you will need to provide proof that you have been excepted to a college that is located in Spain.

When you are choosing to apply for a long stay visa Spain you will need to make sure that you apply at least three weeks before you plan to head to Spain. This will give the governments enough time to go through your application and you should not meet any hangups with your trip.

Do you want to live in Spain?

Our law firm has more than 15 years of experience.

Contact Us Now!

Application Steps for long stay visa in Spain

long stay visa

These are the steps to obtain the visa:

  1. Complete the Spain visa application – it is important to make sure that you were filling out the correct application and choosing the appropriate long-term stay visa that you require for your visit. If you do not choose the correct visa type that you need then your application can be denied.
  2. Collecting the necessary documents – it’s important to make sure that you have gathered up the necessary documents in order to file your application. Some of these necessary documents that are common for every type of visa include: your application, photos, a valid passport, as well as copies of any older passports and copies of any older visas that you previously had. Some of these visas will also require you to have other documents, you will need to make sure that you have this information before you apply so that your application will not be held up.

Some other documents that may be required to be turned in with your application may also include:

  1. Proof of financial means – this could be necessary depending on the type of visa that you are choosing to utilize. They could require bank statements, scholarship information and even proof of support from someone who is helping you reside in the country.
  2. Police record – again depending on your visa of choice they can require that you provide them with your police record that either shows crimes that you have committed in the past or proves that you have never committed any crimes in the past.
  3. Medical insurance – you may need to provide proof that you are covered under a medical insurance company that is going to cover any injuries or illnesses that you may have happened to you in Spain.
  4. Medical certificate – this will prove that you do not have any contagious diseases, that you are free of any drug addictions, and that you do not have any mental illnesses. This will need to be issued by a doctor so they can be verified to be a true resemblance of your current health situation.
  5. As previously mentioned, if you are going for any residency in Spain where you will be attending a college or university and you will need to prove that you are excepted and enrolled in the University.

All of these documents will need to be translated into the Spanish language by a Spanish translator in order for them to be processed properly. When you make your appointment for your visa, you will be able to have them help you find a translator for your documents. You can also make your visa appointment online on their website or by calling The phone number that you locate online. When you go for your visa interview appointment, you will have an in person interview with your visa counsular. They will be the ones to help process and decide if your visa application will be excepted.

If you are not already registered for the European system then they will require you to share a image of your face as well as have your fingerprints taken for their records. This will help them to identify you in case of an accident or criminal activity on your end. Remember to bring your visa fee with you on the day of your interview so that you can pay for your application to be processed. This fee varies depending on what type of Spanish visa you are applying for at the time. Note, Americans and Canadians who are applying for a Spanish visa will be charged more than someone else who is coming from a different country. There is also a additional fee to have your application processed on top of your visa fee. At this point you will just wait for your visa to be approved or denied.

Your trip to Spain is not the last step on your journey of applying for a visa residency. You may have more things to do once you get to Spain, but this depends on how long you are planning on staying as a resident in Spain. If you are planning on staying in Spain for under 180 days then you do not have to do anything else once you get to Spain. However if you are planning on staying in Spain for more than six months then you will have to go and apply for what is called a “foreigner identity card”. This will help them to identify you if you need to show your license anywhere while you are staying here. It is important for you to apply for your foreigner identity card within the first month of you arriving into Spain and getting settled. In order for you to get your foreigner identity card you will need to show them your passport including your Spanish visa, three different pictures of yourself, as well as proof of payment for your Spanish visa that you paid before you even got there. If you were planning on working in Spain, and you have received your employment visa for Spain, then you will need to visit the Social Security scheme as well, however this needs to happen before you go and apply for your foreign identity card.

In conclusion, before you even fill out any applications or make any resident plans in Spain, it is very important for you to sit down and make a list of things that you will need in order to make this happen. There are plenty of documents, and for years, residency requirements, different things that you will need for your specific visa. You will need to sit down and read about each of the visas to decide which one is the one that you will need to complete for your stay. If you were staying for under three months then you do not need an extended stay so keep that in mind as well. you will need to know how long you plan on staying in Spain, this will help you determine if you need to file an application at all. If you are going to Spain for educational purposes or employment purposes or real estate investing purposes, or other purposes then your university, employer, whoever is working with you will be able to tell you what type of visa you are required to apply for. They should also be able to tell you what documents and what other situations you need to deal with in order make sure that your visit is completely legal. They would be nothing worse than being kicked out of that country because you did not fill out the correct paperwork correctly and pay for it correctly. You also don’t want to forget your documents when you were going for your interview or to forget your fee, because this can push your application back which intern will push your trip back. Make sure you follow all of the necessary steps long before your trip is even set to happen in order to make everything go smoothly on your end as well as on the government Side. I hope this informational packet has been helpful to you for your trip.

Do you want to live in Spain?

Our law firm has more than 15 years of experience.

Contact Us Now!

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *